Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Am Invincible.

Yesterday, it snowed. It was very snowy. Snow drifts everywhere. Some 3 feet tall. So naturally, I decided to leave my house and go driving.

Three hours into my first snow day and I was already bored out of my mind. I am okay being by myself. I spend a lot of time with just my dog. But there is something about being by yourself and all your friends being busy... versus being by yourself and knowing none of your friends have anything to do. It's as if you know something magnificent could take place and if you miss out on it, you'll regret it the rest of your life. I like to call it FOMS disease. (Fear of Missing Something).

So I'm driving. There are times I'm going over huge snow drifts. My car is a beast. I am so impressed how well it is handling on the snow. I go to a friends house for a little bit. I pick up another friend. We go to the bar. I drank but remained below the legal limit. Then it was time to go. I dropped a friend off and got up to my condo parking lot and actually laughed to myself about all the cars parked/stuck in the street. I even said something to my friend who was with me.

All night we had been bragging about how awesome the GaGa-mobile had been handling the snow. And then the inevitable happened. GaGa-mobile got stuck.

I tried rocking it back and forth, digging under the tires and then I gave up. I knew I had to call someone. I got stuck in the exact spot that denied access to all those that followed, and all those that wanted to leave the parking lot. Awesome. So I called BMW Roadside Assistance. Unfortunately, I soon found out that I was not a subscriber. And they were not keen on allowing me to subscribe at that particular time.

So then I called a tow service. The lady answered the phone and thinking that I was hilarious told her, "Well... guess what!?!" She did not know what to guess. It's not like 12 inches of snow were outside and you are a tow service WHY ELSE WOULD I BE CALLING!?! I was stuck, dumbass. Crystal was not friendly and I was not a fan. Apparently, she has lost her sense of humor and she blames me for reminding her that she's yet to find it. Have you tried Wal-Mart?

Amanda and I walked the 100 meters to my house and waited for the driver. I got the call and walked back down to the street with my purse. 20 minutes later, I was free and $60 poorer.

A little later I needed to go pick up Amanda's boyfriend who was coming over for dinner. He couldn't get within a quarter mile of my house without getting stuck so he parked at the McDonalds. Guess what we saw when got back to the house.

Another car.

Another car got stuck. I suddenly didn't feel so stupid. This person was in a station wagon. What makes you think a station wagon is a good idea when trying to conquer an uphill battle of 20 inches of snow. (I think the plow had made a nice pile in front of the entrance.) I informed them that they weren't going anywhere and needed to call a tow service because the same thing had just happened to me.

"Oh, no thanks. We'll be fine. Its four wheel drive."

Oh okay, my bad. Mine was too. Have fun freezing your ass off. I'm in unit 18 if you need a number for a tow service, HA!

This morning when I woke up, a different car was stuck. Now, there is a car parked at the entrance like they were trying to leave and then decided to cut their losses.

And my neighbors decided to leave this morning also. However, the did not get so lucky either. They managed to back up a whole 15 feet before getting stuck. When I looked out there, one of them was wearing no shirt while trying to attempt to get the car back in place. Because thats smart. Two guys were pushing on the car, one shirtless, and at the same time that one was pushing, he was also attempting to drive... he was flooring it. I just kept invisioning the car finally breaking lose only to run into the building. It didn't happen, but a girl can dream.

The only good that came of my getting stuck... the tow guy told me if I get stuck again, to call him and he'll tow me for free. Aw.... Chivalry isn't dead.



I tried to upload pictures and a video of those guys trying to move the car... but my computer is acting up. I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment