Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Master Cleanse

Tomorrow I will begin a cleanse. In recent weeks, I have been drinking excessively, eating less healthy and gaining more weight. Therefore... time for a cleanse.

Upon my recent trip to New York City, my cousin Willis told me of his plan to "cleanse." It consists of drinking a lemon-concoction that frankly scares the shit out of me. Not for the reason many of you associate with a cleanse, but because it has cayenne pepper in it.

The drink consists of the following:
2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (approx. ½ lemon)
2 tablespoons genuine maple syrup (not maple-flavored sugar syrup)
1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
8 oz water, room temperature
Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz glass jar w/lid and fill with the water.
Shake it up and drink (cold water may be used if preferred).
Use fresh (organic) lemons or limes only, never canned or frozen lemon or lime juice.

It sounds disgusting... but apparently is great a detoxing your body of all the shit you've consumed.

I am going to try to do the 3 day ease-in, then 7-10 days of the lemonade, then the 3 day ease-out. (The ease-in and ease-out are just that... and all days consist of a different variety fruits and vegetables ONLY.)

I am going to attempt to continue running and doing a couple of weekly yoga classes, however I am going to momentarily quit my marathon training. I just wanna keep my legs in shape so I can start back up once this is over.

While in NYC, I consumed whiskey and beer. Whiskey and beer are two things I love very much, however, whiskey and beer do not love me and like to make me puffy.

I'm told by the end of the cleanse my skin will look healthier, I'll lose some weight, puffiness will be gone, and my digestive track will not have crap lingering around.

I'm sharing this with you all in effort to be held accountable.

WISH ME LUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment