Thursday, September 2, 2010

You Don't Want a Guilty Verdict, So Get Off the Couch.

In Criminal Procedure the other day, we were discussing the constitutionality of trash searches. I'll give you a quick summary of what we discovered: It's totally legal! Once you expose something to the public, you no longer have a reasonable expectation of privacy, and thus your trash may be searched without warrant.

The way my teacher went about teaching this particular rule is by bringing two of his neighbor's trash to the classroom and asking for "volunteers" to go through it.

Neighbor #1: We learned that it was a woman... she had just started her monthly cycle (luckily for us she had just started and not just gotten off), She was NOT a natural blonde, she had tan skin thanks to her bronzing lotion, she loved cosmetics particularly the ones that smell like grapefruit and we also learned that her father is still paying her phone bill.

Neighbor #2: Although we did not figure out the sex of neighbor #2, we learned something else.... #2 was fat. #2's garbage consisted of hershey chocolate rappers, old carrot cake, TGI Friday's take out box, Braums receipts and my personal favorite... DIET PILLS.

It got me thinking about the thought process of an individual who purchases diet pills... Why exercise or eat healthy when you can buy a little pill for an easy fix?

The way diet pills work depends on the ingredients they have. While some have an appetite suppressant effect, others will accelerate the metabolic rate or will eliminate toxins that promote weight gain. Virtually... you are royally screwing up your body. The moment you get off these pills, you will balloon back up plus some. People seek an easy fix but they soon realize, nothing is free. You have to work or pay for everything in life.

People take diet pills because they are desperate BUT lazy. Its not rocket science. When my clothes stopped fitting, I knew I needed to take immediate action. So I did. I limited my caloric intake and began working out 5 days a week. The pounds dropped fast. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it in the end. I still have to work hard and eat right to maintain where I'm at now... it isn't easy but I know how much its worth it and I have begun to enjoy my new life style and totally own it.

A wise man put it in a way that I particularly appreciate and I want to share it with you....

If you are lawyer, and you are good at what you do, you must make sacrifices in your life to achieve the goal at hand, which is winning the case.... If you want to win the case known as My Fat Ass Vs. The Mirror, you must be prepared to be in the court room for years and years. Your Fat Ass is a tough case, and you wouldn’t want the verdict to be returned guilty. -Luc Carl from Drunkdiet.com

Moral of the Story: Although trash searches are constitutional, Neighbor #2 has been found guilty of a fat ass. Don't let the same thing happen to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I've never understood diet pills...

    Also, it makes sense that trash searches are constitutional. It's not your private party once you have gotten rid of it, especially when you should be aware that the homeless man down the street will be digging through it, availing himself of what's good.

    ReplyDelete