Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wrath of the Diet Gods

Today I went grocery shopping... I was running out of food, I had no choice. I started off in the produce section. About 1/2 of my final purchase consisted of fruit. I got cantaloupe, peaches, plums, apples, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, scnhauzberries... I got a ton of fruit. Its healthy and it taste good. Then I got some deli meat, pickles, milk, cereal, yogurt, eggs, then I stopped.

The eggs are next to the cookies. Cookies are my weakness. There is nothing quite like a warm, gooey cookie right out of the oven. I stood in front of my favorite cookies for about two minutes, grabbed it, then put it down and walked away. I was proud. I contemplated rewarding myself with a bottle of wine, but soon realized that would totally defeat the purpose.

I went home, put away my groceries, read a little bit, made dinner, and then got ready for a leadership meeting I had to go to. OU Law has a new dean so every organization had a representative present to give a presentation on the organization. (I had to talk for the 2L class... thats a whole other story. Anyway, this meeting lasted two hours. I wasn't thrilled. After we got through the first 15 speakers, I thought we were done, I was wrong. They surprised me with another 10 speakers. Great.

By the time it was finally over, I needed something because that just sucked. I suggest to my roommate we go to either Passion Berry or Orange Leaf. She thinks its a great idea and I follow it up with suggesting we should definately go to the Orange Leaf because its better than Passion Berry.

So I'm driving down Lindsay and what do you know, its my best friend the police man. I get pulled over. I didn't know what the speed limit was. The best part of this story is not only did I not have insurance on me (BECAUSE MY PARENTS HAVE YET TO GIVE ME A NEW COPY) but I also had an outstanding warrant out for my arrest. I had gotten a ticket on my way to Kansas City a month ago and forgot about it until the day after the arraignment. That in OKC equals warrant, even though its only one day late. I had paid it yesterday, but I had yet to receive confirmation of the payment, which means they had not received it.

SO the beginning of my conversation with the police officer started off like this... um, I don't have my insurance and I may as well tell you this now, but I'm pretty sure there is a warrant out for me because of the last ticket I got, I've paid it, I just don't think its gone through. He answered my statement by saying, "So you are saying I should just arrest you right now." ..... He was kidding, but I didn't think that was funny.

I ended up getting two tickets, but I got away without being arrested. He said that because he didn't have a real reason to arrest me, he wouldn't take me in because most likely the OKC cops would come pick me up.

I actually thanked him after he gave me my tickets.... thats how you know I was relieved.

I couldn't help but think, if only I hadn't gone to Orange Leaf... shit.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks. I always reward myself with lots of food after an especially hard day. I binged Burger King after the moot court competition, haha. Also, I wonder if the 25th speaker thought, "It's been a while, and people are bored. Maybe I shouldn't speak...naw."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 19 said, "I will only take two minutes.. had all of you only taken two minutes, my wife would not be mad at me right now."

    ReplyDelete