Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Look Mom, I'm FAMOUS.

Television is entertaining. It has many different channels, which have many different programs or sometimes movies. If I don't have anything to do and have already ran, walked or biked that day, I will sit on the couch and enjoy the television. On Sunday and Monday nights, I have a busy schedule. True Blood and Entourage air on Sundays and on Mondays, Weeds, Rizzoli and Isles and The Big C air. Luckily for me, I have DVR or else my Sundays and Mondays would become very emotional times. It would be a cross roads in my life in which I must choose between some of my favorite shows... and I would not like that.

I've only just begun watching Rizzoli and Isles. I've seen 3 episodes now and I'm addicted. I think its because when I was young, Angie Harmon was my favorite on Law and Order. When she left the show to get married and have a family, I was less than amused. How dare she betray her fans like that? Anyhow, because I've only seen 3 episodes, to reward myself after reading an assignment for class, I will watch an episode online. (Thank you TNT.TV... I love you.) I was watching a particular episode which was about necrophilia. The killer would take the bodies of his victims and leave them somewhere he thought no one would see them and then go back for a lover's tryst. However, since tv shows needs story lines someone FOUND THE BODY he left for later. Rizzoli and Isles went to investigate the scene. Rizzoli wanted to leave it there so they could stake it out in hopes the killer would come back, but not Isles. She is the doctor. SHe was concerned about the "forensic evidence" that would be ruined over time.

During the argument, the camera man kept a shot of the body within view... well... NOTE TO CAMERA MAN/DIRECTOR/PRODUCER... make sure if you have a "dead" body on camera, it isn't breathing. I was shocked. Here I was losing myself in this story line and then reality check... it completely ruined it because it became apparent to me that this body was not actually dead, it was faking. That pissed me off.

How much do extra's get paid? Surely they get paid enough to HOLD THEIR BREATHE FOR 30 SECONDS. I mean c'mon. Let me play the dead girl. I wouldn't be fan of the nudity, but shit, I can hold my breathe.

I wonder how that young actress felt about herself when she showed her big debut off to her friends and family. The only thing she had to do was lay there and act dead. I know one of them had to notice, it was obvious. I giggle to myself because I can envision her sitting down with her mother saying, "Look Mom I'm Famous." Only for her mother to turn to her and ask, "Did you just breathe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment