Friday, August 27, 2010

Vocabulary Lesson

Although I am 23 years old, there are still things I learn every day... (besides the law.) I will begin sharing the "lingo" which I've been introduced to here in Norman, OK. The other day I was with a friend of mine and we volunteered to pick up another friend and take him to his car... He chose wisely the previous night and chose to drink... not drive. After he got in the car, the first thing he said to us was, "I'm gonna go get greased."

Greased. This is the new word that I have decided to share with you. Obviously it is a verb. The root of the word comes from the English word grease. Not the movie. But the stuff that is making this country so incredibly fat. It is typically used after a night of binge drinking to ease the after effects of alcohol, often referred to as the 3-2 flu, a hangover, etc, etc. When one uses the word "greased" they are referring to the fact they are about to go eat a shit ton of fast food. Get it?

I thought it was clever and hope you do to. So go out there and spread the word. Try using it in a sentence from time to time. When people hear it... they will know you are on the up and up in life. Peace. Love. Fried Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment